Re: Test message

On 2018-07-29 at 14:40, Jonathan Busby wrote:

> I have been having problems posting to this mailing list so I'm using
>  pobox.com instead of my Gmail to see if that helps as per the
> listmaster's suggestion.

Gmail filters copies of your own messages, so that when the mailing list
sends back to you a copy of what you sent out, you never see it.

The idea is that since you already have a copy of the message (in your
Sent folder or equivalent), and can find that copy easily via Gmail's
search and smart-folders functionality, you don't need a second one, so
there's no reason to waste space storing it.

This ignores the reality that the "duplicate" message (determined by
Message-ID) may have had modifications made to it after being sent out,
as happens in the case of the mailing list. However, Gmail has been
doing this for long enough that the odds of any change being made at
this point are exceedingly slim.

Basically, don't ever expect to receive via Gmail a copy of a message
sent from that same Gmail account.

--
   The Wanderer