Re: Firefox 60esr on Stretch ?

Hideki Yamane <henrich@iijmio-mail.jp> schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 18 May 2018 10:29:03 +0200
> Moritz Mühlenhoff <jmm@inutil.org> wrote:
>> > Does it fail like in bug #858153 (which has a patch) or in a different way?
>>
>> That bug is a year old and for 0.19, not sure if it's still any relevant
>> for current releases, when trying to run a bootstrap build with 0.25 it's
>> still trying to execute cargo, but I haven't dug deeper so far:
>
>  Let me clarify current status, cargo package backport for stretch
>  is the blocker to bring firefox-esr 60 to stable, right?

Correct, backports of rustc 1.24 and LLVM 4.0 have landed in Stretch 9.5
and cargo is the last missing bit.

It's also worth pointing out that rustc is currently only available on
amd64, so if anyone is interested in having i386 or some arm supported
one needs to sort out a cross-compiled build.

Cheers,
        Moritz