Re: Re: Concerns to software freedom when packaging deep-learning based appications.

Quoting Lumin (2018-07-13 16:34:44)
> > Perhaps I am missing something, but if _possible_ just 100x slower
> > to use CPUs instead of GPUs, then I fail to recognize how it cannot
> > be reproduced, modified, and researched 100x slower.

[...]

>    CPU takes ridiculously long time, compared to GPU.

Seems you elaborated only that it is ridiculously slow so use CPUs
instead of [non-free blob'ed] GPUs - not that it is *impossible to use
CPUs.

If I am mistaken and you addressed the _possibility_ (not popularity) of
reproducing/modifying/researching with CPUs, then I apologize for
missing it, and as if you can please highlight the the essential part of
your point.

Bill Gates is famously quoted for ridiculing the need for more than 640
kilobytes of memory in personal computers.  Computer designs changed
since then.

 - Jonas