Re: A message from CMake upstream: announcing dh-cmake

On Wed, 2018-07-11 at 08:57 -0300, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
wrote:
> But no, my real fear here was a tool more in the cpack kind. Years
> ago we had packagers trying to get their stuff in by using cpack.
> While it might be of some help for non official packages it was not
> really fit for official ones.

Yes, the idea here is to make something that is fit for official Debian
packaging.

> Kyle has made it really clear that they intend to support the various
> realities they will probably face if people start using it everywhere
> to create good quality packaging, so yes, I also applaud the
> effort... now ;-)

Thank you Lisandro! I'm glad I was able to address your concerns, and I
think this has been a really good discussion.

Ian, thanks for the feedback, and if you have minor technical questions
please feel free to ask them, either on- or off-list :)

I think it makes sense for dh-cmake to live primarily in VTK for now,
and then, as we work out the issues, hopefully we will see other
packages start to adopt it as well.

I will keep everyone updated as both dh-cmake and the VTK packaging are
developed. We are hoping for an official Debian release of both
packages towards the end of the year.

Kyle