Re: Want to make salsa advertise contact and source code details [and 1 more messages]

Alexander Wirt writes ("Re: Want to make salsa advertise contact and source code details [and 1 more messages]"):
> It was a decision by the team to disallow any patch that is not
> really really needed for function. Please submit your patch
> upstream.

I see.  I'm afraid I strongly disagree with this decision, for
practical reasons, and because of its rationale.  In any case, IMO
this patch is required for the important function of giving Salsa
users access to the appropriate contact channels and source code
reference.

I am sure that my patch would be rejected by upstream.  As I have it,
it is not suitable for upstream because it hardcodes the Debian
information.  I obviouslyu do not want to spend the time to redevelop
the configurable version (like the proprietary version of gitlab has)
when you have said you will rejected it, and it would also almost
certainly be rejected by upstream.

Can you please tell me what you think the appropriate path or venue is
for me to pursue this diagreement ?

Thanks,
Ian.