Re: When pkg-foo is not at all involved here

On Sun, 2018-05-13 at 19:15 +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> Hello debian-devel,
>
> IIRC do we agree that feedback is good.
>

> On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 04:51:54PM +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> > [always CC the package maintainer when reassigning]
>

> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2018/05/msg00243.html

That message indicates that the re-assignment has taken place, but only
contains the response from the BTS control bot. What I believe Michael
is requesting - and is common practice when doing so - is that you CC
messages such as:

> > On Sun, 13 May 2018 15:58:01 +0200 Geert Stappers wrote:
> > > Control: reassign -1 network-manager-gnome
>
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=898394#37

to the maintainer, so that they have it readily accessible without
having to dig in the bug logs for it, as the control@ output is the
only one of the mails that they will have received. (Ideally debbugs
would do so itself, but it doesn't, and making our colleagues' lives
easier here is trivial.)

Regards,

Adam