Re: Lucas Kanashiro and Athos Ribeiro hijack my package

On Monday, April 16, 2018 06:47:04 PM Tobias Frost wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 03:29:32PM +0800, Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> > >
> > > You know that collab-maint stands for "Collaborative Maintaince"?
> > >
> > > IMHO by placing it into collab-maint, everyone is allowed / suggested
> > > to work on those packages. If you don't want that, don't go there.
> >
> > Tobi, I never knew I could simply self-appoint myself to maintainer with
> > a simple (sponsored) upload of libpng16 (a package you co-maintain) or
> > tokyocabinet (a package you maintain), drop you to uploader or nothing
> > and you'd be cool with that.  Hey, it's in collab-maint after all, isn't
> > it?  Awesome!
>
> Read carefully.
> I wrote "everyone is allowed / suggested to work on those packages", not
> this is a blanco cheque to do anything you can think of. Collab-maint is
> like a big team (with everyone being member) and such what is acceptable
> or not should be like what's acceptable or not in our (bigger) teams.
> Especially I did not endorse hijacking.
>
> (And yes, I'd be ok if someone adds himeself as Co-Maintainer to my
> packages, and brush them up and fixes this nasty bugs, fine with me;) I
> agree with you that at minimum out of courtesy someone should get in touch
> before doing so.
> > Joking aside, I think you are the one who misunderstands
> > co-maintainership and collab-maint, not me.  I welcome patches,
> > pull-requests for git branches, co-maintainership, etc.  It's sad if you
> > can't see the difference to what happened here.
>
> If you were right, what exactly would be the difference between collab-maint
> and the other personal repos, then? Because you have all those features you
> describe in every repo.

You're making an argument against a strawman.  You don't think there's
anything different from making a change in git and making an upload to the
archive where you demote the previous maintainer from maintainer to uploader
and set yourself as maintainer of the package with no prior communication?
That's what happened here.  I'd be upset too.

> As said, this is not an endorsment of any hi-jacking but this thread sheds
> also some not so nice light on you... But Holger wrote that already.

Yes, because blaming the victim is so much easier.

Scott K