Re: Urging for solution to the slow NEW queue process (completeed)

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 01:21:10PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Gert Wollny writes ("Re: Urging for solution to the slow NEW queue process (completeed)"):
> > I might add that in case of the package I was talking about there vtk7,
> >  I got another reject because I used the same version for the re-
> > upload, and after that long time it was assumed that the comments that
> > were already stored in the ftp-masters data base refereed to this
> > upload (*).
>
> Oops.  Thank you for providing ammunition for my position (as
> discussed in another thread here on -devel) that reusing version
> numbers for different contents is a bad idea, even when the previous
> versioni was not accepted into the Debian archive but merely shared
> with (for example) reviewers or ftpmasters.
>
> > However, after pointing this out to Chris Lamb and re-
> > uploading the package another time he checked and accepted it in less
> > then 24 hours (big thanks again).
>
> It strikes me that if there were comments in the ftpmaster database
> suggestiong the package should be rejected, the package ought to have
> been rejected, rather than languishing in a queue.  That would have
> brought the confusion to light right away.

+1

> But maybe I don't understand the process.

+1

> > *) I wonder if and how this data base is actually accessible for non-
> > ftp members?
>
> I see little reason why it shouldn't be.  DYK if it is in the same
> postgresql instance ?  We already mirror the main archive db to
> somewhere dd's can read it.

The graphs at https://ftp-master.debian.org/stat.html
show only the total in the queue.

Five uploads and four being processed, results in an increase by one.

People outside the FTP-team see only that increase.

I think it would good if processed packages would also be graphed / plotted.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven