Re: Music player & privacy (was: ITP: elisa)

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 6:45 PM, W. Martin Borgert wrote:

> I understand Pauls idea that this would be very different things:
>
> pkg-privacy-team: packages tools and programs related to privacy,
> e.g. things around tor etc.
>
> privacy-team: keeps track of privacy issues across all Debian, maybe
> communicates about privacy issues to our users etc.
>
> Am I right?

I think the teams would be different but complementary. In addition
the pkg-security team could be the place for packaging tools that
adversaries might use to violate privacy and could be used by the
privacy-team to audit Debian for privacy. Or, perhaps pkg-privacy-team
depending on their scope.

Is anyone interested in facilitating a privacy-team BoF at DebConf18?

A related thing is the Debian & GDPR work, but that is mostly being
done by DSA and the DPL's GDPR delegate.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise