Re: Debian Policy 4.1.4.0 released

[2018-04-07 10:35] Ben Finney <bignose@debian.org>
> Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> writes:
>
> > I just pushed Debian Policy 4.1.4.0 to sid. Thank you to the ~20
> > people who contributed to this release, which includes several first
> > time contributors of patches.
> > […]
> >
> > 4.9
> >     The ``get-orig-source`` rules target has been removed.  Packages
> >     should use ``debian/watch`` and uscan instead.

It breaks my workflow ;) I use pristine-tar(1) to store orig tarballs
with their upstream signature in git.

dpkg-buildpackage(1) do not extract orig.tar.gz from `pristine-tar'
automatically, so I add `get-orig-source' rule that invokes
`pristine-tar(1)' with proper arguments.

I have debian/watch too, but it `uscan(1)` would require network access.

How can I do better with new Policy?