Re: What can Debian do to provide complex applications to its users?

> Because eventually a future version will come out that doesn't work
> with
> the stable base, at which point we suddenly stop supporting the
> package.
> That's much worse than just admitting up front that we can't support
> the
> package for the next 4 years.

Let's agree to disagree. I find it perfectly fine if we told people up
front that we support it as long as upstream has a version that works
with the stable base. They are still better or at least not worse of
with that than with a self-installed one.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Meskes at (Debian|Postgresql) dot Org