Re: Updating the Maintainer field in preparation for Alioth's shutdown?

Hi,

On Sat, 17 Feb 2018, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > I know this, but this specific sub-thread was for the case if the team
> > has gotten a list on lists.debian.org (so with public archives already).
> > Using the tracker team for automated mail only is fine.
>
> I have something like ftpmaster REJECT mails in mind.  This is not
> really automated and perfectly belongs to the maintainers list.  What is
> your opinion about this kind of mails (and its responsed).

REJECT mails, just like ACCEPT, are useful information that should go
through the package tracker so that all parties involved have the data.

Obviously when you reply to a REJECT mail as a maintainer then it's not
going to go through the package tracker, but you could keep
foo@packages.debian.org in copy to ensure this.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer