Re: What can Debian do to provide complex applications to its users?

On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 01:51:38PM +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
Then I guess the question is, what is Debian?

Does a different and additional package format change the project?

It seems like you're not reading what other people have said--tt has nothing to do with the packaging format, it has to do with providing a stable base of software that interoperates. A collection of unrelated independent modules which must be dynamically built off the latest git repository may be interesting, but it's not a coherent distribution. Other people are already trying to do that thing, it isn't clear what value debian would add. Conversely, we know what the current debian distribution provides, why throw that out to chase some new shiny thing?

Mike Stone