Re: Debian part of a version number when epoch is bumped

Philipp Kern writes ("Re: Debian part of a version number when epoch is bumped"):
> You say upstream version. But I'd say that rollbacks are exactly that:
> reuse of a different epoch with the same upstream version. Like what
> happened to imagemagick multiple times.

I don't know precisely what you mean by "rollback".  If you mean
"change our mind about uploading foo new upstream version 3, and go
back to foo upstream version 2", I would not encourage use of an epoch
for that.  I would upload foo version "3+really2".  This is ugly but
fits much better into everything.

Ian.