Re: Removing conflicts of init system

[2018-12-21 20:35] Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>
> > (Meanwhile, I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to handle
> > /sbin/init and associated programs with alternatives, not least of which
> > because of the complications of switching the running system's init.)
>
> I quite agree.

Could you please elaborate, why alternatives would be complications?
I believe, it would simplify switching running system's init, since
you will have all tools needed.

For example, if you change system X to system Y, while you are still
have pid1 from system X, you could easily control it with /sbin/reboot.X
binary.