Re: individual packages moving binaries from /bin to /usr/bin (was: Re: usrmerge -- plan B?)

Quoting Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>:
On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 10:11:24PM +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
Reminds me of the long /usr/doc -> /usr/share/doc transition in potato
times. And we did not even have dh in those days. Sounds good to me!

ITYM s#potato#slink, potato, woody, sarge, etch and lenny#

(Started in 1999 and finally fully finished on Sep 25th 2008 with
closing #322762.)

So I don't think this transition is such a positive example :-D

Why not positive? Yes, it took some time, but it worked out
without breakage. As we say: Gut Ding will Weile haben! :—)
(for non-Germans: "it takes time to do a thing well")