Re: usrmerge -- plan B?

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 10:49:54PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
On Nov 21, Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> wrote:
How many long-running production systems do you think people have run
usrmerge on? I'd guess close to zero, since there is no advantage whatsoever
Actually I have quite a lot personally, with exactly zero problems.
On some of them I also enjoy advantages of merged-/usr, like having
multiple containers share the same /usr.

So these are machines you've had around since like lenny (with a bunch of people admining them), and you just ran usrmerge? The part that's confusing me is turning something like that into a container. I'm not talking about running it on new systems, that's obviously easy to test.