Re: Uncoordinated upload of the rustified librsvg

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 2:30 PM Jeremy Bicha <jbicha@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 11:33 AM Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
> > I do like the proposal of adding a librsvg-c for just the architectures
> > that don't have Rust (yet).
>
> This sounds reasonable. Thanks Samuel for the suggestion. Any
> volunteers to maintain this new old package?

To move forward on the technical fix for the primary issue raised in
this thread, let me repeat and restate:

It looks like we will want to have a librsvg-c source package to build
the older librsvg for architectures that don't support Rust yet.

While the Debian GNOME team could maintain librsvg-c's packaging
alongside librsvg, I'd be happier if someone who cares more about
ports would maintain it. Any volunteers?

At a minimum, I don't have an easy way to do the initial binary build
of librsvg-c required for the NEW queue.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha