Re: Confusing our users - who is supporting LTS?

On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 09:15:32AM -0300, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
It was said in this same thread that Freexian is already not the only
company paying people to do LTS work. See
<d0a97cf9b501a46fcb92c5166b3b901b6cfddb7f.camel@decadent.org.uk>

Thanks, that's a good point because it brings up something that's
important to distinguish.

Freexian as a business seeks money from customers/investors specifically
to work on Debian LTS. The other LTS contributors that Ben mentioned may
not work for a company that specifically seeks funding for that purpose,
but who fund LTS work because it's considered valuable to their goals.

In the context of Wouter's objection, I think the former category of
company is what's important.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland