Re: RFC: yet another list of data duplicated: public-suffix.txt

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 11:07:36AM +0100, Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
> It seems that public-suffix.txt from mozilla fundation is embeded in a
> few package.
>
> The Public Suffix List is a catalog of certain Internet domain names.
> The term is also known by the form effective top-level domain (eTLD).
> The Mozilla Foundation maintains suffix list for the security and
> privacy policies of its Firefox web browser, though it is available
> for other uses under the Mozilla Public License (MPL).
>
> This list is therefore security sensitive.

Yeah, so unlike a hash which is not going to change, and bugs in it are no
longer security relevant, I don't think this can be argued to be busywork.

> I suppose the way to go is to create a data package
                                ^^^^^^

apt show publicsuffix
apt rdepends publicsuffix
build-rdeps publicsuffix

> and get a MBF after getting a consensus here.
>
> Any volontuers for the packaging ?

I'd nominate dkg :)  And it sounds like you volunteered for the MBF. :p

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ Have you heard of the Amber Road?  For thousands of years, the
⣾⠁⢰⠒⠀⣿⡁ Romans and co valued amber, hauled through the Europe over the