Re: Package deb with shared library

Hi Mo,

Thanks for the feedback, I will write on debian-user@lists.debian.org.

> I don't know what "public repo" mean. If you meant to create debian
> package that installs stuff under /usr/local , then there is no any
> example from Debian's official archive at all.

Well, I mean you can't install the shared library via apt-get install for example, you would need to build it from source, that's why I would like to deploy it together with the application.
The /usr/local/ location is not much important to me, I can install it under /usr/lib/ if it would fix my problem.