Re: Asciidoc transition to the python3 implementation or just EOL

On Mon, Oct 08, 2018 at 01:04:52PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
3. have people just move to asciidoctor (it's way more actively
maintained and tested, plus, most package support both nowadays) and
just let the python implementation die naturally

I know nothing about this.  What are the relative advantages and
disadvantages of asciidoctor vs asciidoc ?  Do they process the same
documents in exactly the same way ?

My 2p, as a very limited author of some asciidoc files: the outputs are
different, because (at least) asciidoctor applies a different
stylesheet. I much prefer asciidoctor's output and use it in preference.

I'd suggest that tangible reasons for using asciidoc (py2 or py3) over
asciidoctor should be identified, to decide whether to persist with
packaging it.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland