Re: Problem sending my key to keyring.debian.org

Joseph Herlant:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having issues sending my updated key to keyring.debian.org:
>
> $ gpg --keyserver keyring.debian.org --send-keys
> E823DA111E22D7857E1D865863F7800A23D7B252
> gpg: sending key 63F7800A23D7B252 to hkp://keyring.debian.org
> gpg: keyserver send failed: No keyserver available
> gpg: keyserver send failed: No keyserver available
>
> Do you have any idea what I could do wrong here?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Joseph

Which Debian branch of GnuPG is this error happening with?
(I assume it's Sid/Unstable).

Reason I ask is last year I had a problem sending my rsa4096 key to
keyring.debian.org when using gpg from Sid, but it worked fine when using gpg
from Stretch (and using the exact same keyring in both cases).  Offhand I don't
recall the exact error I got but I remember it seemed nonsensical to the acutal
issue, and now "feels similar" to the error you're receiving.

If by chance you've run into the same issue, that would be interesting.

  -- Chris

--
Chris Knadle
Chris.Knadle@coredump.us