Re: New software for Debian

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 03:11:58PM +0300, Tommi Höynälänmaa wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to include the following software to Debian testing or stable
> distribution:
You can't add anything to current stable (only to the next stable), but
you can add new packages to unstable and they will then move to testing.
You can either find a maintainer among the users of the software or become
a maintainer yourself. You must understand that it's not enough to prepare
a package once, maintaining a package is an ongoing process.

> See pages
>
>   http://www.iki.fi/tohoyn/theme-d/
>
>   http://www.iki.fi/tohoyn/theme-d/theme-d-gnome.html
Please add the license info to the project page. And your top-level
LICENSE just says "See file doc/copyright for copyright information.", I
think that info should be in LICENSE directly. You also didn't specify
versions of licenses in doc/copyright while at least some of the source
files specify them.
You provide doc/*.tex which are probably sources of doc/.pdf but you don't
provide means to rebuild them.
As your INSTALL is not GNU one I think you need to specify 'foreign' in
Makefile.am.
See also https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide for other suggestions for
upstreams.

--