Re: Question regarding patching in 4.9 kernel

[Note Reply-to: debian-kernel.]

On Wed, 2018-09-26 at 18:00 +0000, Harish Venkatraman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want the following patch to be back ported to 4.9 kernel. Can you
> please let me know if it can be back ported to 4.9 kernel?
>
> https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/63a6fff353d01da5a22b72670c434bf12fa0e3b8

I assume you're talking about Linux 4.9 as used in Debian 9 "stretch".
Debian doesn't normally add features to stable releases, so I don't see
why would we do this.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers. - Leonard Brandwein