Re: vmdebootstrap going away in September, switch now

On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 01:57:20PM +0300, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
In September 2018, I will request that vmdebootstrap be removed from
Debian. Please switch to a better tool now.

Just a quick public note to thank you for taking the time and energy to
deprecate vmdebootstrap. I'm generally quite concerned about the
"surface area" of debian tooling, especially for newcomers. By taking
such active steps to retire vmdebootstrap, you are helping to keep that
under control, which I think makes Debian better.

Thanks for vmdebootstrap during its lifetime, and thanks for putting it
to rest so thoroughly afterwards!

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland