Re: vmdebootstrap going away in September, switch now

Hi

Am 29.07.2018 um 12:57 schrieb Lars Wirzenius:
> In September 2018, I will request that vmdebootstrap be removed from
> Debian. Please switch to a better tool now. From the NEWS file:
>
>    vmdebootstrap is not going to be included in the release of Debian
>    buster. Please switch to another tool for building Debian system
>    images automatically, such as vmdb2, debos, or FAI. You have until
>    September, 2018.

I notice that the autopkgtest man pages still reference vmdebootstrap,
specifically autopkgtest-virt-qemu.1:

> BUILDING IMAGES
>    Debian
>        For Debian you can use vmdebootstrap(8) to build a suitable image. E. g. for unstable:
>
>               vmdebootstrap --verbose --serial-console --distribution=sid \
>                  --customize=/usr/share/autopkgtest/setup-commands/setup-testbed \
>                  --user=test/test --size=10000000000 --grub --image=autopkgtest-sid.raw
>               qemu-img convert -O qcow2 autopkgtest-sid.raw  autopkgtest-sid.img
>               rm autopkgtest-sid.raw

Could those man pages be updated to list the commands for a/the
recommended replacement/successor of vmdebootstrap?

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?