Re: Concerns to software freedom when packaging deep-learning based appications.

BTW, please keep me on CC, I am not subscribed to debian-devel.

Ximin Luo:
> Lumin:
>> [..]
>>
>> My core concern is:
>>
>>   Even if upstream releases their pretrained model under GPL license,
>>   the freedom to modify, research, reproduce the neural networks,
>>   especially "very deep" neural networks is de facto controled by
>>   PROPRIETARIES.
>>
>> [..]
> I think in general when one raise concerns, one should do some research to make it relevant to the actual real situation. Your mail cited my leela-zero package but contained no information specific to it. I'll supply the missing gaps:
>
> The Debian package leela-zero contains no "pretrained model", or "weights file" in its terminology.
>
> Leela Zero contains a program (autogtp) that generates and uploads raw game data, based on some weights you give it. Data generated by many volunteers is collected together and is available here [1] released into the public domain [2]. There's more than 1TB of it.

Correction here, there is currently 600GB generated since November 2017 and still growing.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git