Re: Research survey: Impact of Microsoft Acquisition of GitHub

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018, Dominik George wrote:
> > I don't think categorizing these things as spam is the right thing to do
> > -- although ignoring them most of the time is.
>
> If they don't care enough about privacy and free software before doing a
> survey in a privacy and free software community using privacy and free
> software ignorant tools, it is spam.

That is just your bias (happens to be mine, too).  If their sampling
space is unbiased, a lot of the people in it won't agree with it being a
problem, though.

Unfortunately, the choice of survey tools will bias who will participate
on the survey, so it *is* indeed relevant to the survey results.  But to
unbias it you'd need tools that are neutral on almost every aspect (and
that includes usability by the survey-taking participants, for example).

--
  Henrique Holschuh