Re: Reproducible builds error: libQt5Core.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

El lunes, 9 de julio de 2018 14:05:36 -03 Mattia Rizzolo escribió:
> On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 07:02:00PM +0200, Innocent De Marchi wrote:
> > Recently, ALL the packages that I maintain based on Qt, have problems
> > of reproducibility on build on i386.
>
> This is:
>
> Which turned out to be needed due to:
>
> > The message is always the same:
> > /usr/lib/qt5/bin/uic: error while loading shared libraries:
> > libQt5Core.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> > directory [0]
>
> The (IMHO) misleading message is instead a linker bug, that I don't
> think anybody filed anywhere.  Although that stupid message did cause
> and is still causing a ton of wasted time for people to figure what is
> going on.

Apart from the possible linker bug, the Qt5Core part could be solved by adding
runtime detection. It should not be too complicated to achieve, but:

It should be easy to fix, but we Qt maintainers could not make time for this
yet, nor we can assure we will. But:

  * In case we get a patch created we want it submitted to upstream, that
means agreeing with the [CLA]. So if anyone is thinking about creating a patch
**pretty please** check that you will agree to it. We will not be able to
forward [any patch], they should be submitted to their gerrit instance by the
person who coded it. Of course we will be happy to help with the process if
needed.

[CLA] It's worth to note that this CLA does not makes one give copyright to
others, but the permission to use the code in proprietary versions.

[any patch] Except the patch is so small that it can't be considered
copyrighteable.

  * Before applying it we want the patch "blessed" by upstream, meaning that
even if they don't want to accept it (let's say, just as an example, because
it's slows loading) they see the patch fit.

Cheers, Lisandro.

--
Without us [Free Software developers], people would study computer science
and programming without ever having seen a real program in its entirety.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/