Re: Bug filing for autopkgtest regressions? [Was: Re: appears to break multiple autopkgtests]

Hi Paul,

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 07:50:39PM +0200, Paul Gevers wrote:

> Proposal:
> If one (me) can't determine the likely principle package that needs
> fixing after some effort [1], one bug (per upload of the triggering
> package) can be filed against the trigging package with the other
> packages in X-Debbugs-CC and in Affects at normal severity. This bug can
> contain similar text as we agreed upon earlier [2] (I'll write a
> proposal if this idea is not rejected).

The BTS allows you to send a bug against two packages, like this

Package: pa, pb
Version: pa/n.n.n-n
Version: pb/n.n.n-n

Meaning that any of the two packages can resolve the issue. ASFAIK, this
restricted to two packages. Then the bug report may ask the maintainers
of the two packages to sort out who will fix this, and then to reassign
the bug. This is what we did for file overwrite conflicts between
packages [1].

-Ralf.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=edos-file-overwrite;users=treinen@debian.org