Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta

[Dropping debian-devel-announce: please don't reply to the -announce maillist]

‪‫أحمد المحمودي‬‎ <aelmahmoudy@users.sourceforge.net> 于2018年6月11日周一 下午10:48写道:‬

> On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 11:45:37AM +0100, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > Collab-maint
> > ------------
> >
> > If you want to allow other Debian Developers to work on your packages or software, you can create projects within the
> > **Debian** group. Every Debian Developer has write access to projects created in this group.
> > If you create a project within the Debian group, you are implicitly welcoming all DDs to contribute directly to the project.
> >
> > Guest users can only be added to individual projects with the Debian group, but not to the entire Debian group. This is different to the policy for the collab-maint group on Alioth.
> ---end quoted text---
>
> I am not a DD, anf I was working on some  projects under collab-maint on
> Alioth. Should I create those projects (that weren't migrated) under
> **Debian** group (which I cannot find on salsa btw), or should I create
> those projects under my own namespace ?

Ideally you should find some DDs and work with them to set up those
projects (that was under collab-maint group before)
under Salsa's Debian group [1].

If you are among one of package's contributors, please ask a DD for
help to grant you the write access for the corresponding
repository. You may request a Master role or a Developer role,
depending on how involved you are for this package.

If you don't want to retrieve such permission and only (e.g., you are
only an occasional contributor), you may still open a
Merge Request and ask another one who have the permission to accept
merges (often the package maintainers but other
DDs have such right too) to accept  that Merge Request.

Setting up a repository under the namespace of yourself is possible
and acceptable; however, that approach might not be
recommended since by default no one else (even DDs) may modify this
repo, which brings negative effect when doing
collaborative maintenance.

--
Regards,
Boyuan Yang