Re: its dead jim - alioth is gone

[Original message appeared on debian-devel-announce and that was the
"reply-to" address.  debian-devel is probably more appropriate for
follow-up discussion on the issue that I mention below, to reduce
traffic on debian-devel-announce.]

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 12:49 PM, Alexander Wirt <formorer@debian.org> wrote:
> alioth is history now.
>
> ... if you find that you are missing
> something and think it is *really* urgent - get in touch with me

The "fonts" link on font pages in the old package tracker still points
to alioth.  This could indicate that part of the build process is
still trying to create something on alioth when it is gone.  If that
is the case, it could be considered important to fix (either updating
the link or removing the "fonts" link on font pages in the old package
tracker).  For example, the "fonts" link at
https://packages.qa.debian.org/u/unifont.html points to
http://pkg-fonts.alioth.debian.org/review/src-unifont.html.

The new package tracker does not have a "fonts" link for font
packages.  For example, see https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/unifont.  I
thought someone had submitted a wishlist bug to add that feature, but
I cannot find any such entry in open or resolved bugs for the tracker
package.  It was a nice feature and I think it is worth carrying over
to the new package tracker, but a new home for such links would need
to be established first.

Thank you,

Paul Hardy