Re: rkt

Dmitry Smirnov writes:
> On Tuesday, 5 June 2018 5:11:31 PM AEST Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
>> rkt is neither in testing nor stable...
>
> Unfortunately... However it is a static Golang binary with minimum external
> run-time dependencies which makes it possible to reasonably safely install
> rkt on Stretch straight from "unstable"...

Yay, build systems that will be a nightmare to maintain later...

Though I admit golang is a crappy language to support given one has to
rebuild everything all the time there is a security update.  Just
imagine libc (or worse: linux) was written in Go and there was a
security update: just rebuild the distribution ;-) (And for third-party
providers wait for the vendored libc (or linux) to get updated, if that
will happen at all.)  So I'm not surprised many Golang things don't make
it to testing.

Ansgar