Re: Firefox 60esr on Stretch ?

Hi,

On 05/16/2018 07:12 PM, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
> However cargo's bootstrap is broken ATM which will need fixing (and
> it also requires a more recent libgit than we have in stretch).

I'm backporting firefox to stretch since a while. rustc built fine with
llvm-3.9 so far.

https://sources.progress-linux.org/distributions/dschinn-backports/packages/firefox/

https://sources.progress-linux.org/distributions/dschinn-backports/packages/rustc/

https://sources.progress-linux.org/distributions/dschinn-backports/packages/cargo/

https://sources.progress-linux.org/distributions/dschinn-backports/packages/libgit2/

I've decided to go with newer nspr/nss/sqlite3 (I prefer using "proper"
system libraries from backported packages rather than "embedded copies"
in packages):

https://sources.progress-linux.org/distributions/dschinn-backports/packages/nspr/

https://sources.progress-linux.org/distributions/dschinn-backports/packages/nss/

https://sources.progress-linux.org/distributions/dschinn-backports/packages/sqlite3/

However, both firefox 60 and firefox-esr 60 do currently ftbfs for me on
stretch with above backports (not sure why, didn't look into it yet).

Regards,
Daniel