When pkg-foo is not at all involved here

Hello debian-devel,

IIRC do we agree that feedback is good.

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 04:51:54PM +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> [always CC the package maintainer when reassigning]

> On Sun, 13 May 2018 15:58:01 +0200 Geert Stappers wrote:
> > Control: reassign -1 network-manager-gnome

> > Hello,
> >
> > Bug was report against package "general".
> > Package 'network-manager-gnome' seems a better fit.
>
> Most certainly not, as network-manager-gnome is not at all involved here.

Yeah, that is where the pain is, the spot that needs improvement.

I think we have all been there:
 Encounters with a software bug,
 feeling the need to report it,
 but not knowning _how and where_ to report.

We shall never know how many times people _choose to not report_.

In #898394 we did get report of a possible software bug,
filed against package "general".

What can we do better to get bugreports^Wfeedback
at the right place?

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
> Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the
> universe are pointed away from Earth?

Having a plan B is considered a wise option.  ;-)