Re: Firefox 60esr on Stretch ?

On 2018-05-04 at 12:22, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:

> On 04/05/18 17:42, W. Martin Borgert wrote:

>> How will we deal with breaking extensions?
>>
>> E.g. I'm using xul-ext-scrapbook a lot. AFAIK, upstream does not
>> provide a post-XUL version. Probably other extensions will face the
>> same compatibility issue.
>>
>> Should we just remove them from stable?
>
> I guess so, yes. There's not much we can do if there is no support
> for newer versions.

Though please do take note of other applications which may still work
with them.

Even leaving other Mozilla-based browsers aside, ISTR there being (or
having been?) some extensions which would work just fine in both Firefox
and Thunderbird, and since Thunderbird is retaining XUL support - at
least for now - there may be some value in retaining such "overlap"
extensions for people who use them there.

--
   The Wanderer