Re: Firefox 60esr on Stretch ?

El jue., 3 de may. de 2018 a la(s) 11:06, Julien Aubin <julien.aubin@gmail.com> escribió:

Le jeu. 3 mai 2018 à 14:41, eamanu15 <emmanuelarias30@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hello Julien,

Maybe this question need to be made on debian-metors or pkg-mozilla-maintainer list.

I think will be good wait until EOL  before change to 60. I think that the first months of 60ers will be a little unstable.

Regards!

I tried but mozilla maintainers ML looks dead. :'(

Anyway I'm available for testing !
Great.  Let me know if you need help never test mozilla, and I want to learn about it.

Thanks

El jue., 3 de may. de 2018 a la(s) 10:30, Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> escribió:
On 05/03/2018 02:09 PM, Julien Aubin wrote:
> Hi
>
> Firefox 60esr is due for next week.
>
> As of now Debian Stretch is bound to Firefox ESR 52 which reaches EOL
> soon. The problem is that it becomes less and less usable as more and
> more extensions are becoming incompatible with it.
>
> On the other hand team mozilla.debian.net clearly states that Firefox
>> 52 is not available on Stretch and all the xul-ext-* packages will
> have to be upgraded.
>
> So what's the future of Firefox in stable ? Can we expect to have the
> 60esr release and if so, when, or will we stick w/ 52esr ? If needed I
> can test it alongside upgraded xul-ext packages if you put it in
> proposed-updates or on mozilla.debian.net.

debian-devel is the wrong place for your questions.

I expect nothing much different from previous ESR cycles: stretch will
move to 60 after 52 goes EOL in September.

Cheers,
Julien

Arias Emmanuel
https://www.linkedin.com/in/emmanuel-arias-437a6a8a