Re: autopkgtest results influencing migration from unstable to testing

On Thu, May 03, 2018 at 07:14:16AM +0200, Paul Gevers wrote:
> On 03-05-18 04:32, Simon Quigley wrote:
> > What is the reasoning for not making these blocking sooner? In my honest
> > opinion, passing autopkgtests should be a release migration requirement,
> > and not just with my Ubuntu hat on (because it has a correlation to
> > higher quality packages).
>
> In my perception, the biggest reason is a social one. The is resistance
> to the fact that issues with autopkgtests out of one's control can block
> one's package (this is quite different than in Ubuntu).

Can you elaborate on how this is different than in Ubuntu?  It sounds
pretty similar to me, except for being a delay instead of a block.  Or
did you mean that the social consequences are different?

(I echo Simon's thanks for doing this, though!)