Re: filing bug reports for GCC 8 build failures

Hi,

FTBFS bugs haveveen filed for packages that fail under gcc8.

Unfortunately that includes fortran packages: gfortran 8 has changed its
mod file format again, so all packages depending on other fortran libs
will fail until all are rebuilt under gfortran 8 as the default compiler.

Can we downgrade these to important, and plan the gfortran transition
please?

In a related development, i've uploaded dh-fortran-mod, originally
written by Sébastien Villemot. This is a debhelper extension to track
fortran mod file versions (making upgrades easier) and installations. It
would be good to use this if possible.

Assuming its accepted (its only been in the NEW queue 2 days), I will
submit patches to the appropriate Fortran packages (~15-20 the last time
I checked).

regards

Alastair

--
Alastair McKinstry, <alastair@sceal.ie>, <mckinstry@debian.org>, https://diaspora.sceal.ie/u/amckinstry
Misentropy: doubting that the Universe is becoming more disordered.