Re: Announce: docker-buildpackage

On Wed, May 02, 2018 at 11:23:56AM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Frankly, I don't see the point in writing this kind of software. Sbuild
> works super well with the overlay backend, and already has throw-able
> chroots in tmpfs. Adding docker into this doesn't add any new feature,
> and in some way, is less flexible than the already existing sbuild.

as much as I dislike docker myself, the new feature is being able to use
docker, which for many people (who have a working docker setup) is a
really nice new feature.

(in related spirit I personally dont care about latest piuparts now also
supporting docker, but I happily merged that code as I now some user
will be happy this...)

--
cheers,
	Holger