Re: Please do not drop Python 2 modules

Hi,

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > So yes, LTS is fully part of the Debian project, and how Python 2.7 is
> > supported should IMO very much be our concern. Now, we think that we
> > should only support Python 2.7 for more than until Buster is EOL and
> > becomes an LTS, I support this restriction. Though it'd be nice if we
> > had this consensus before Buster is frozen and have the discussion
> > closed early.
>
> Such decisions are made by Freexian and their sponsors.

In fact, such decisions are made collectively on
debian-lts@lists.debian.org based on the inputs of all stakeholders.

Freexian does not make such decisions. Freexian handles the funding
and relations with the sponsors, but it is not the decision-maker on
what gets supported or not.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer