Re: source packing source code

hi Aaron,

On Tue, May 01, 2018 at 11:10:15AM +0100, Aaron Gray wrote:
> Where do I find the .deb source packaging source code for packlages ? I
> does not seem to be in your sources. I need to update some packages to
> latest releease. Is this done by bhand on packages by bespoke or is there a
> build systemn that will deal with separate GNU autoconf/make packages ?

this list is about the development of Debian, while your question
clearly belongs to debian-user@lists.debian.org

that said, you need "deb-src" entries in /etc/apt/sources.list which
besides that need to be identical to those "deb" entries which are
already there. then run "sudo apt update" and after that "apt source
$packagename" will get you the sources.

--
cheers,
	Holger