Re: Please do not drop Python 2 modules

Hi Julien,

> I found strange to put an override for this so I didn't.

I'm afraid I'm struggling to see Lintian could be any clearer
here:

N:    If upstream have not moved or have no intention to move to Python 3,
N:    please be certain that Debian would benefit from the inclusion,
N:    continued maintenance burden and (eventual) removal of this package
N:    before you upload.
[…]
N:    Please do not override this warning; rather, add a justification to your
N:    changelog entry; Lintian looks in this version's changelog entry for the
N:    specified package name or the phrase "Python 2 version" or similar.

This is not asking anyone to remove anything from the archive,
merely to double-check whether the addition of new Python 2.x
packages is required.

(If they are, so be it; add the rationale to the changelog and
upload away.)

Regards,

--
      ,''`.