Re: Comma in Maintainer field

Hi Russ,

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 06:26:47PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > From my understanding the names in quotes should be parsed correctly,
> > right?
>
> Definitely not.  They will absolutely break with some tools.

Thanks for the clarification.  So since we have clarified this now in
this thread what are the next steps?  Doing a MBF just pointing to this
thread or would it be better to write down this in some documentation
clearly first (I hope I did not missed any hint to it in this
discussion) and do the MBF afterwards?

I admit I have some alioth migration issues on my desk and may be my
spare time in May will be limited.  The good thing is that we have
dealt right now with some of the issues.

I'm just keeping pkg-nlp-ja-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org in CC since
there are two very good reasons to become active

   1. Comma in Maintainer name
   2. E-mail becomes invalidated soon

So please all members of Natural Language Processing, Japanese team
update the maintainer field to some working e-mail address where the
name does not contain any ','.  The affected source packages are:

udd=# select distinct source from sources where release = 'sid' and maintainer like '%pkg-nlp-ja-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org%' ;
      source
------------------
 chasen
 darts
 kakasi
 mecab
 mecab-jumandic
 mecab-naist-jdic
 naist-jdic
 unidic-mecab
(8 rows)

(In case you have not followed the discussion on debian-devel the
relevant part of the thread starts somehow here[1])

Kind regards

     Andreas.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2018/04/msg00435.html

--