Re: Completed: lists.alioth.debian.org migration

Raphael Hertzog wrote...

> Packages maintained by forensics-devel@ and pkg-security-team@ all
> have a fixed maintainer email in git. I was not planning on doing any mass
> upload right now and I would be really annoyed to have to hand-edit all
> changelog entries to add a bug closure.

Debian policy has a clear statement on the validity of the address in
the Maintainer: field. I fully support this "must" requirement, that's
why I'm doing this cleanup job - and not because I'm a huge fan of
beaurocratic processes.

On the other hand I fully agree doing dozens or hundreds of uploads just
because an address out of my control became invalid is a huge waste of
ressources that are better spent elsewhere. However, that's why
alioth-lists was created.

So I see two options: Either get wide consensus packages like yours are
not considered rc-buggy for the time being, also make sure it's assured
important mails like bug reports do reach people who are in charge of
the respective package.

However, keep in mind I would certainly not agree to that since it's a
terrible hack, creates a precedent I wouldn't want to see, and mostly:
There's another option, ask the alioth-list administrators to create an
according forward. For you, this should take less time than writing an
answer to this message, for them hopefully not much longer.

> So please don't file bugs for those.

Noted. But anybody could do this as well.

    Christoph