Re: Bits from the release team: full steam ahead towards buster

> As far as diacritics go, American English is practically devoid of
> them. Where they are present, native (American) English speakers
> basically ignore them, so the words résumé (n) and resume (v) share the
> same spot in any given English dictionary. Other symbols like Æ and ß
> will be changed to ae and ss, and the like, and then sorted accordingly.

The above is the answer to the question "where does English sort
differently than LC_ALL=C."  The sorting behavior for résumé will vary
between the C locale and a proper en_US (or, I believe, en_GB) locale.

That said, nearly all US English writers will just omit the accents
anyway.  At least US English (I can't speak for UK) really aggressively
drops accent marks.  They normally don't survive more than a few years
into adoption of a word into the general vocabulary.  I almost never see
someone write résumé instead of resume in regular US business contexts.
(Some of this is because US keyboards are generally not set up to make
handling the accents easy, and most US typists have never learned how to
create those characters quickly, so it's a lot easier to just leave them
off.)