Re: problems in gjots2 and Debian

Hello,

On Wed, Apr 18 2018, Ian Jackson wrote:

> Personally I would prefer to manage maintainership via a separate
> database to the archive, perhaps tracker.  Something would have to
> automatically generate Maintainer and/or Uploaders for the benefit of
> old consumers.

I think we all want this eventually.  Relying on tracker to deliver most
package related e-mails is a step in that direction because tracker has
built in support for a concept of teams.  We can start to figure out a
new way to track team membership and maintainance in Debian, and perhaps
the uploaders field will just become genuinely obsolete.

--
Sean Whitton