Re: Bits from the release team: full steam ahead towards buster

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 10:34:22PM +0200, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> There are people who don't follow every single action in Debian, plain
> stables users for example. For them it's helpful to tell the releases
> apart easily as they might not have the precise names and their order in
> mind. The first letter is a fairly simple way to aid this.
No, users and, I suspect, a large part of admins and developers cannot
easily say which of two codenames is newer, and it doesn't matter what are
those two codenames. Numeric versions are usually used to help with this,
but not so much in Debian.

--
WBR, wRAR