Re: Lucas Kanashiro and Athos Ribeiro hijack my package

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 03:29:32PM +0800, Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> On 16.04.2018 14:28, Tobias Frost wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 08:28:08AM +0800, Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> >> https://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/gjots2.git
> > You know that collab-maint stands for "Collaborative Maintaince"?
> >
> > IMHO by placing it into collab-maint, everyone is allowed / suggested
> > to work on those packages. If you don't want that, don't go there.
>
> Tobi, I never knew I could simply self-appoint myself to maintainer with
> a simple (sponsored) upload of libpng16 (a package you co-maintain) or
> tokyocabinet (a package you maintain), drop you to uploader or nothing
> and you'd be cool with that.  Hey, it's in collab-maint after all, isn't
> it?  Awesome!

Read carefully.
I wrote "everyone is allowed / suggested to work on those packages", not
this is a blanco cheque to do anything you can think of. Collab-maint is
like a big team (with everyone being member) and such what is acceptable
or not should be like what's acceptable or not in our (bigger) teams.
Especially I did not endorse hijacking.

(And yes, I'd be ok if someone adds himeself as Co-Maintainer to my packages,
and brush them up and fixes this nasty bugs, fine with me;) I agree with you
that at minimum out of courtesy someone should get in touch before doing so.

> Joking aside, I think you are the one who misunderstands
> co-maintainership and collab-maint, not me.  I welcome patches,
> pull-requests for git branches, co-maintainership, etc.  It's sad if you
> can't see the difference to what happened here.

If you were right, what exactly would be the difference between collab-maint
and the other personal repos, then? Because you have all those features you
describe in every repo.

As said, this is not an endorsment of any hi-jacking but this thread sheds also
some not so nice light on you... But Holger wrote that already.

--
tobi